Saturday, September 6, 2008

For Those at Virginia Tech

April 17, 2007

As the news of the shootings at Virginia Tech has touched our lives, we would remember in prayer those who have died, and their families and loved ones.

For in the time of trouble he shall hide me in his tabernacle;
yea, in the secret place of his dwelling shall he hide me,
and set me up upon a rock of stone.

Hearken unto my voice, O LORD, when I cry unto thee;
have mercy upon me, and hear me.


From Psalm 27


O Lord Jesus Christ, Son of the living God, we pray thee to set thy passion, cross, and death, between thy judgment and our souls, now and in the hour of our death. Give mercy and grace to the living, pardon and rest to the dead, to thy holy Church peace and concord, and to us sinners everlasting life and glory.

Almighty God, Father of mercies and giver of all comfort: Deal graciously, we pray thee, with all those who mourn, that casting every care on thee, they may know the consolation of thy love.

Bruce Robison

No comments: